Enjoying our time here...

We decided last P-day to go to Universal City. It was a fun and memorable day. The weather cooperated with a beautiful spring day.

The adventure started even before we arrived by riding the train and then subway in Osaka. It was packed body to body, a full contact sport. When we got in the subway, we were jam packed. I was wondering if the door would close. Then we stopped at another station. An additional 5 people got on the train. We were absolutely smashed together.

The people at Universal City all wore crazy hats. It seems the more outlandish the hat the more they enjoyed them. I loved seeing these little cuties.


Our favorite spot was the Harry Potter castle and village. They have really strived to recreate the book. You walk through a forest before arriving at the village. We saw the flying blue car, Mirror of Erised, the talking pictures on the walls, the Fat Lady guarding the door, the Sorting Hat, Dumbledore's office and many more.  We would have bought some butterbeer but the line was soooo long that we had to forgo that. 

We rode a log flume through Jurassic Park. The Minion section was also enjoyable.

I actually feel guilty because we had such a great time. 

Missionary work is moving forward. I met a new friend at church that is learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I started talking to her during the summer. She was struggling and some of my past experiences helped her. She went to high school in Utah so she speaks English pretty well. She sits by me in Relief Society. She translates the lesson for me and I translate the gospel for her. I explain the meaning of things and share my testimony with her.  I sang a song at Christmas time called, "Do You Have Room?" My friend was touched. She said the music went into her. I told her this was the Spirit testifying of the truth. She asked me for a recording of the song. Of course, we didn't record it but I plan to sing it at her baptism in a few weeks. I feel blessed to have gotten to know her.

We are starting close some older apartments and open new ones. Our last month in Japan will be a busy one. We are loving our time here but also looking forward to living near the family for the first time in 37 years.


Comments

  1. This post chokes me up. I'm so proud of all you and Fred have done in Japan. I look forward to seeing you when you get home. You have earned the fun so enjoy and embrace it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Daruma Doll