Nagano lives up to the title 'Beautiful Japan'




Last weekend, we were invited to Nagano to meet with Elder and Sister Wada. Fred was the first missionary to introduce the gospel to Elder Wada 42 years ago. Elder Wada now serves as Area President for the North Asia and a General Authority for the church. 
Elder and Sister Gunson, another missionary instrumental in Elder Wada's conversion, also met with us. We went to the area they first met, the old location of the church building, and the new church in Nagano. They even found the apartment that they lived in so long ago.



Members are instrumental in helping friends join the gospel of Jesus Christ. We met three couples that were originally in the ward 42 years ago. I was impressed with their faith and dedication to the gospel after all of these years.  One of the sisters came up to me, grabbed my hand and began talking to me in Japanese. I couldn't understand what she was saying but I felt her love.  

 
We had five camera crew filming interviews and a documentary of memories. Maybe someday you will be able to view it on churchofjesuschrist.org.

We had lunch at a sukiyaki restaurant. At my suggestion, the men sat at one table and the women sat a table just adjacent.  At one point during the meal, I noticed that Sister Wada was cooking the food and serving us. I looked over at the men's table and Elder Wada was doing the same for his table.  The people that should have been the most important were serving us. It reminded me of the Savior at the last supper. Jesus poured water into a basin and then washed the feet of his apostles. The Savior showed us the way.
"Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.  If I then your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet." John 13:13-14



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll