10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

10 more days-- our mission is coming to a close. What an amazing experience this has been!! We have seen God's hand in our life in so many ways. We feel the windows of heaven have been opened to us that there is not even room to receive it. We have grown closer to each other and closer to the Lord.



We arrived when the sakura trees were blooming. Now, they are blooming again. Walking under the blossoms gives you a sacred feeling that you are somewhere very special. This is my favorite walking path. There is a lady who cares for these flower boxes every day. I have enjoyed seeing them on my way to the river walk.


Today, I saw a miracle with the ward choir. They asked me to lead the choir when we first arrived. I have sang in many choirs, all of my life. I have never led a choir. We started out just singing hymns but eventually added more and more difficult music.  I wanted to sing "Let Us All Press On". This is a difficult piece sung by the Choir at Temple Square. I had high ambitions.  I found it difficult for me to lead, for the accompanist to play, and for the choir members to sing. (Let's not mention that we sang it in Japanese, written in Hiragana.) We pressed on with the goal to sing the last Sacrament Meeting before we leave.  We did it!! 

I told the choir. I love this song because we are all pressing on in the work of the Lord. I told the members of the choir when we see each other again, I pray that we will be strong and continuing in the Lord's work.

The highlight of this day was the baptism of my dear friend. She has had a difficult journey that has led her to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know she will be blessed as she continues to follow Him.

We are sisters in Christ. I am glad our paths crossed at this important crossroad in her life.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your mission with us! It has been wonderful to hear all your experiences and adventures! I pray for a safe finish and safe travels home! Love you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy you've had such beautiful experiences on your mission. Thank you for sharing them! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful experiences you have shared! Thank you. I feel all teary thinking about the bittersweet it must be to come home and also to leave Japan behind after your service there. It will be a delight to see you again! Safe travels and may the last days be full of miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you two!! Where has the time go? Please stop by and see us. I extend my mission for another 6 months. I can only extend it for 30 months, Come by and see us. love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll