Highest highs and the lowest lows

The mission allowed me to return to Utah for the birth of my new grandson. These precious moments are some of my most treasured moments of my life. The ability to be there with them was an amazing blessing. Holding this new baby and sharing those first moments can never be recaptured. I am so grateful that senior missionaries don't have to miss out.  This is one of my highest highs.



Five days after the baby was born, Fred's brother died. I was in his home a few days before his death. I got to talk to John and Kelly before John left us. I also helped lift his body onto the gurney after his death.  I felt the deep sorrow for the death of John, for his wife Kelly, and for their three daughters. Fred joined me in Utah for the funeral and some family time. This was one of my lowest lows.


Kimberly, Mom, and I decorated Mom's tree while we were in Utah. My three year old granddaughters really stuck with the project for over an hour. At the end of our decorating time, the lower third of the tree was loaded with balls that the little girls had placed. So cute!! Another highest high.

For several months, my daughter has been telling Olivia that grandma will fix your Anna dress when she comes to visit. The lining had be ripped and she couldn't wear it. I didn't know if I could fix it but I felt it had to be done. The dress probably wouldn't even fit when I come back from our mission.  I wish I could capture the joy on her face when she was able to wear her dress again. Another highest high.

I was able to see several of my grandchildren sing in their school Christmas programs. The look of my granddaughter when she saw me in the audience warmed my heart. Another highest high.


So many highest highs, I can't count them all. Fred and I got really sick while we were in Utah. I would count those days on the low end but this is life isn't it. Highs and lows.

Happy New Year!!  Wishing you so many highs you can't count them all and perspective for the lows so that you can appreciate God's hand in your life.  We are back in Japan to finish the last three months of our mission.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll