"Consider the Lilies"



 "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do the spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Matthew 6:28-29

Today, I sang in sacrament meeting "Consider the Lilies".  I thought it was a miracle that these volunteer lilies sprung up in the ditch on the road I live on. On the very week that I was to sing this song. The message of this song is that God loves us. He knows our needs. He will help us in ways we can't even imagine.




Sunset in Uwajima. Opening apartments all over Japan has allowed us to see much of 'Beautiful Japan'. That's what I call it, 'Beautiful Japan' truly.


This was a much needed gas station in the middle of the mountains. We were running low and other stations were closed because it was still too early in the morning.  I was happy to find this guy.



Comments

  1. I love this post so much -- and the picture! When we opened our mission call to West Africa, I was numb. I went up to my room, closed the door, and did something I have never done before. I held my scriptures in my hands and said, "I need a sign." I let them fall open, and they opened to 3 Nephi 13, "Consider the lilies...If God so clothe the grass of the field...even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith." I'm certain your song was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll