Don't worry about what you can't control.



I have been studying more about personal revelation. I received strong impressions that we would be going to Japan before the end of the year. I really feel those impressions were from God yet we are still here in Salt Lake City while COVID rages on.  This is left me wondering about why I would have this impression yet it didn't come to fruition. The first scripture that come to  mind is found in Isaiah.

8¶ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

President Russel M. Nelson closed his last conference talk with the following advise.

"The pandemic has demostrated how quickly life can change, at times from circumstances beyond our control. However, there are many things we can control. We set our own priorities and determine how we use our energy, time, and means. We decide how we will treat each other. We choose those to whom we will turn for truth and guidance."

So I will focus on things I can control. We have been asked to be coordinators for our missionaries in Japan assisting them with English Connect for Missionaries.  We will be helping them with their language goals in the evenings. The church has started a new program for missionary non-native English speakers to help them learn English. This can open opportunities for education, work, and church service in their future.

We continue to work during the day in the library.  I have been reading journals from late 1800 to early 1900. These journals have given me great understanding of the past and to appreciate the blessings of living in our day.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll