Happy New Year!!

 


It's a new year with new opportunities.  We always took time when our family was young to gather together and write new goals for the new year. It is good to reflect on the past and think about what we should strive to improve.  If we don't do this from time to time, we stay in our life ruts never growing.

Some people joke about the futility of making resolutions, but once we stop then we've lost. This year definitely wasn't what I expected, but blessings have come along with the disappointments.  I had a conversation with my daughter last night about things we might want to do different this year.  I told her I keep running into the same thought when I read my scriptures.

"They began to bear their journeying without murmurings"  1 Nephi 17:2

Hmm, I wouldn't say I've been "murmuring" but "stressing" would be a more accurate word.  I think this could be a good thing for me to work on.  More appreciation for where I am now.  More gratitude for the blessings I have received. More trust that the Lord is in charge.  More trust in his timing.


"Blank pages give us the right to dream" 

Gaston Bachelard

"The Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." Mosiah 24:15

Happy New Year!! 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year!
    The Best IS Yet To Come!
    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! Thanks for sharing ❤️
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll