More waiting...


We received this sad news this week which means more waiting......

I really felt that we would be going to Japan before the end of the year.  I even felt that I received a prompting that we would. This has lead me to ponder, "Was I inspired or just allowing my feelings to take over?" My daughter, Laura, sent me this quote from David A. Bednar, now an apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ.

May I simply suggest that what we initially believe is “the” answer may be but one part of a “line upon line, precept upon precept,” ongoing, incremental, and unfolding pattern of small answers. It is clearly the case that the Lord did not change His mind; rather, you and I must learn to better recognize the Lord’s pattern as a series of related and expanding answers to our most important questions. “‘Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept’ (2 Nephi 28:30),” BYU–Idaho devotional address, 11 September 2001; emphasis in original.

The answers to our prayers may be more of a direction than our final answer.

 Sometimes what we perceive to be a positive answer followed by a negative outcome is later followed by a new, unexpected, better answer (i.e., opportunity) if we will but trust in the Lord and keep moving forward. Gordon E. Limb was director of the BYU School of Social Work when this devotional address was given on 5 March 2013.

So we continue to count our blessings


 

Beautiful lights on Temple Square. 

Manger scene at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple
Having fun at the German Festival in Salt Lake.
Christkindlmarkt SLC




Comments

  1. Ah, I thought you'd be leaving soon, also. But your perspective is wonderful. On more than one occasion I have prayed for something, sometimes for years, and my prayer was not answered the way I wanted it to be. But what did happen was more wonderful than I ever could have hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All things work together for good for those that love the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this on the news. So sorry. Glad you are enjoying your time in SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on the news. The good news is that you'll be home (in Utah) for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll