Happy Halloween!!

 Happy Halloween!! 


I have always loved the Fall.  This Halloween, we enjoyed delicious homemade wheat rolls and cheddar cheese broccoli soup at Mom Dame’s house. Yum!!  Then we went to our daughter’s house for “Trick or Treating”.  



Fred dressed up as Batman.  He sat on the front porch saying, “Take one,” in a low, grisly voice.  The children were cautious to approach him and some required their Moms’ to come to the door with them.  One little boy says, “I know you’re not Batman.” Fred just kept saying.  “I’m Batman.”

I did not dress up but I was wearing my missionary badge.  One little boy said to me, “I like your costume.”  Only in Utah would they recognize that….

 

We are approaching 6 months of working in the Church History Library and remotely with Japan.  I see the Lord’s hand in this assignment.  At no other time in my life would I sit for 6 hours a day and read journals.  It has been a blessing to see how the Lord works with people in their lives.  I see the growth of the Church from what it was like in the beginning to where it is today.  The changes have been for the better as the people grow and mature in the gospel.  I know that these changes in the Church are a preparation for the future return of the Savior to the earth. 

 

I have learned that the Lord often allows us to figure things out on our own.  He doesn’t instruct us in all things.  He allows us to make mistakes and we learn from those mistakes.

 

“Anything that is successful is a series of mistakes.” Billie Joe Armstrong

 

Mistakes are okay as long as we don’t quit.  We say, “Well that didn’t work.  Let’s try something different.”  We also learn from our hardships that can help us develop into better people.  Some people allow trials to harden them, others turn to God.  

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Ha ha, I love the batman story, It would have been great if you got to video AUGUST! Thanks for your message

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll