"Behold the Wounds in Jesus' hands"

 We spent the last few days listening to the prophet and apostles speak in our semi-annual conference.  I think it is interesting that each person receives the spiritual message that they need at this time in their life.  I spoke to Fred, my mom, and my daughter Kimberly.  Each person had different things that stood out to them as they listened.  The prophet encouraged us to build a strong foundation in Jesus Christ so that when the hard times come we can face the difficulties of life.  I have been striving to grow closer to Christ by studying his life and teachings from the scriptures.  I can feel my testimony growing as I strive to understand Him better.

A BYU choir sang in the Saturday evening session, "Behold the Wounds in Jesus' hands". This song really touched my heart.

Behold the Wounds in Jesus Hands - YouTube

Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands

Music for ChoirsMusic from the EnsignSubmitted Music (1998-2006)

Behold the wounds in Jesus’ hands,

The marks upon His side,

Then ponder who He meant to save

When on the cross He died.

We cannot see the love of God

Which saves us from the fall,

Yet know that Christ from wood and nails

Built mansions for us all.

 

Behold the outstretched hands of Christ,

Our Lord, who came to save,

Whose love and grace redeem our souls

And lift us from the grave.

Though bruised and battered as we stray

His guiding hands caress,

He washes and anoints with oil

Then in His arms we rest.

 

Behold the wounds in Jesus hands,

Look to your Lord and live.

He yearns to bless you with His love

And all your sins forgive.

Oh, empty is the heart of man

When it is filled with sin.

Come, open wide your broken heart

And let your Savior in!

 

Behold His wounded hands and feet!

Come touch, and see, and feel

The wounds and marks that you may know

His love for you is real.

Then as you fall to worship Him

And wash His feet in tears,

Your Savior takes you in His arms

And quiets all your fears.


Text: John V. Pearson

Music: David R. Naylor


I love this scripture from the Bible.  The Savior doesn't forget us.  The wounds are a constant reminder of those he loves so much that he gave His life.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. Isaiah 49:16

When I see the Savior again, I can imagine that I will fall to worship him and wash his feet with my tears.  I love the image of God taking me in His arms and quieting all my fears.  He can quiet our fears even now as we turn to him in our times of distress. Thanks be to God for our Divine Redeemer.



Comments

  1. Beautifully said! There were words spoken in Conference that spoke peace to my soul. I love General Conference and the opportunity to hear from prophets, seers, and revelators. I am so grateful that, even though we hear the same message, your takeaway from Conference is tailored to you and my takeaway is tailored to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite songs! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. love hearing how you are enjoying this time with the Lord and in his word. I know it can be hard in the waiting but know that there is a reason and a season. He is a great teacher and his love runs deep. So just enjoy and rest in his presence in the waiting as he grows you and teaches you. ♥️🥰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll