Our hearts are broken...

 

We are so sad to learn that several of our friends in Houston have contracted COVID-19.  Our hearts are broken 💔 that they are suffering so much.  As you, we are so ready for this pandemic to end!!  Please know our prayers are with you.  I found some comfort in these scriptures this week...

Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;

Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the Lord of Sabbaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament--the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.

Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory saith the Lord.  D&C 98:1-3 


Just prior to the Savior's death He instituted the sacrament.  This is an opportunity for us to remember what Jesus Christ has done for us.  As we partake of the bread, we remember that His body was torn for us.  As we partake of the water, we remember that His blood was shed for us.

I cannot understand the depth of sorrow and pain that the Savior experienced in Gethsemane and on the cross.  This scripture improves my ability to understand because it the Savior's description of what the atonement was like:

"Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit--and would that I might not drink the bitter cup and shrink--" D&C 19:18

I am grateful for my Savior's sacrifice for me.  Each week I can partake of the sacrament and remember Him.
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

"...and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." Alma 7:11-12

For those who are suffering right now from COVID, medical challenges, hurricanes, floods, fires, war, family trials, or any number other other challenges.  Jesus  Christ knows how you feel.  He can comfort you and help you through these things.  Of this I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior, Amen.

Comments

  1. Thank you sweet friend. I love you. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, we all needed to read this in one way or the other. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your love ❤️ you are always so inspired- love all those scriptures 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed and appreciate your testimony of Our Savior. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll