Families Can Be Together Forever



















In our missionary work at the Church History Library, I am reading the journal of the first recorder in the Salt Lake Temple.  The time period is 1892-1908.  I read for 6 hours a day. I begin to feel the joy and sorrows of his life.  It helps me see my life in a different light comparing what we have now to what they had then. There are two other missionaries in my office reading journals from the same man but different time periods.  We share the heart aches and joys with each other as we read about his experiences during his life span.  I have found one main thing in common.  Family--it is central to our life. It is where we experience our greatest joys and sometimes our greatest sorrows.  

This week we participated in the sealing ordinance in the temple.  It has been a long time since I have heard the powerful words and felt the spirit of that ordinance.  I felt my Heavenly Father's love.  I felt a deep love for Fred as we renewed those sealing covenants.  I felt a feeling of respect and love for my children. We are proud of the who they have become.  Truly, my joy comes from family.  I am sure you feel the same way about your family.  

"Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family, And the Lord has shown be how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can." Families Can Be Together Forever










 

Comments

  1. I love all of your pictures ♥️
    It’s so wonderful to hear the promises of our Heavenly Father when we make sacred covenants with him. I love to hear your stories, you gave a beautiful family ๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and you! Keep up the great work. ❤️๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  4. ↑sorry, this is Luke, by the way ๐Ÿ˜…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll