"Hybrid" Portion

 This week, I have come to a realization that for now, this is my mission.  I call it the "hybrid" portion of our mission.  We work 40+ hours a week between Japan and Salt Lake City Headquarters mission.  Prior to this week, I have thought of our mission as waiting until we can go to Japan.  I realize this could take a very long time as the COVID delta variant rages on.  We move forward taking one day at a time.  It's not like we are alone in this.  The entire world has been working remotely for over a year and a half.  

I create a mission newsletter every 6 weeks for the missionaries.  I am learning new computer skills and using the creative side of my brain.  My goal is to document the events and people of the mission.  I also provide articles to lift and support the missionaries.  The Mission President and missionaries help translate portions of the newsletter into Japanese. These newsletters will be complied into an annual history at the end of the year.  I am also gathering testimonies/stories as the missionaries share the gospel with others.


While I was in the MTC remote training, the owner of the AirBnB taught me how to make these cookies.  I have decided I want to improve my skills so I have purchased the supplies and plan to practice.  I am hoping I'll be really good at making them by the time we move to Japan.  Then I will give them to our missionaries.  In the meantime, I will be giving practice cookies to our missionaries here.  


We have weekly mission devotionals and conferences in Salt Lake Headquarters.  This week we were able to listen to the Projects Manager, Thomas Hanson, for the Conference Center built in 2000.  It was interesting to listen to the inside story of the planning and construction of the Conference Center.  There were many miracles that occurred as the center was built.  We have been able to participate in many inspiring devotionals as a result of not going to Japan yet.  
Tours are available for visitors to see the Conference Center.  We walk by this building everyday.  Maybe we should take a tour.๐Ÿ˜‰





Comments

  1. ❤️❤️❤️ that you’re using your creative gifts! And I ❤️❤️❤️ your beautiful cookies! Those missionaries are blessed to be the recipients of your beautiful and I’m sure delicious cookies! ❤️❤️❤️ that you are blooming where you are planted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cookies ♥️♥️ You are always an inspiration ๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I wish I could taste your “practice” cookies!

    I love hearing your perspective on how God is working in your life!

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look twice at the cookies. They looked like decorative pins. I'm so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful opportunity to develop a new talent to bless others!!!๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not always been a "one day at a time" person, but it's where I am now, and it's a good place. I hope this works well for you -- and yes -- definitely take a tour of the conference center!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to trying your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure how to put the comment from my name like some others. Thanks for sharing! Those cookies look like the magazine ones. When we were there at the Conference Center we weren't able to go through, but they did a virtual tour for us that was amazing. I hope to go through it for real in November when we come out. Maybe we can even see you guys! Adam Burkey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the newsletter!...a wonderful service with total creativity. Got to love those mastered computer skills. The cookies are fantastic and will most definitely score big!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll