Bloom where you are planted.

This week we have been blessed to return to the temple.  The SLC Headquarters Mission President made it possible for the missionaries to attend nearby temples.  The temple is a place of peace.  I feel closer to God when I am in the temple.  I receive inspiration easier when I am there.  Lately when I pray, I hear a hymn in my mind.  These are the words.

Dearest Children, God is near you, Watching o're you day and night, And delights to own and bless you, If you strive to do what's right.  He will bless you, He will bless you, If you put your trust in him.

We are still waiting for the borders to open in Japan.  It is hard to be patient.  During our family scripture study this week, we read words that seemed to be written just for us.

Wherefore, go ye and preach my gospel whether to the north or to the south, to the east or to the west, it mattereth not, for ye cannot go amiss.  D&C 80:3

I feel that what matters is how I am serving, not where.  This calms my concerns.  I am striving to serve the Lord right now, right here.  Bloom where you are planted.




Comments

  1. It was great seeing you and Fred, having lunch and hearing of your time in Salt Lake City! Y’all are blooming where y’all are planted! Love Y’all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this -- and it fits your situation exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Come Follow Me lesson last week was perfect timing for your wait. Hang in there! Glad you are back in the temple. We are so grateful to be serving in the temple again. It is so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pure inspiration, and a mind set we can all apply daily. It doesn't matter where, but we and the Lord know how bad you want you to get to Japan. People here(SLC) and now, and those there (Japan) and then will be better knowing you. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are an inspiration to me and to many! One of the ward missionary moms told m e today that she doesn’t think her son is going to make it to Thailand now that it has been over a year he has been blooming where he is currently planted...this is Michelle G. Btw. I can’t seem to change my comment ID :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll