Waters of baptism




Another blessing of waiting…..This weekend we had the opportunity to fly to Illinois for our granddaughter’s baptism.  It is so wonderful to share this special time with Lily and her family. I love watching our grandchildren grow. Each one has their own personality and strengths.  Lily loves beautiful things, especially flowers.  When I see flowers, I think of her.


 


Baptism is a covenant we make to follow the Savior.  It is symbolic of leaving behind the old person and becoming new. I remember thinking as an 8-year-old that I wanted to be perfect so that I could be as clean as I was on the day I was baptized.  I didn’t understand that Jesus Christ provided a way for us to be clean through repentance and change.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be renewed and try again to become better. 



No news on Japan.  The COVID cases are rising in Japan as they are in other parts of the world.  At the Church History Library, I was reading journal entries this week from 1918.  It is interesting to see that the Spanish Flu continued to interrupt activities even 2 years after that pandemic.  I could relate to the journal entries because of our current situation.

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful blessing to be able to have had this opportunity to share in Lily’s Baptism and spend time with your family. Miss ya Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so fun to read about your adventures, and the blessings in the wait! You guys both look happy and great! We miss you-Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about Japan. I would love to read those journal entries! I bet they also thought that the second coming was fast approaching 😂 what a beautiful blessing to be able to see your granddaughter getting baptized! God is in control ❤️
    Viviana (google account) Wilkinson 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you didn't miss this baptism! I did not realize Japan's numbers were rising. I'm glad you like SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Bobby and I sure enjoy reading your post. What a blessing to be able to attend ya'll's granddaughter's baptism as grandparents and as The Lord's Missionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely priceless!!! A memory to never be forgotten!!! You both look so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice to see you Paula and Fred and attend the special baptism of Lily.
    I love your missionary letters, Missionary letters are the BEST, I always feel inspired to do better when I read your letters.
    MIchelle G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

We are so grateful!!

38 years of happiness