Salt of the Earth


 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted.
Matthew 5:13

Fred and I are finding a balance between working during the evening and nights with Japan and during the day with Salt Lake City Headquarters Mission.  The first week we worked too much and became overly tired.  This is when I found this scripture while reading during my daily study.  The Lord needs us to share his light with others.  We can't do that if we wear ourselves out.  This week we had better balance.  


Celebrating 37 years of marriage this week.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.  
Proverbs 3:5-6

We are trying to be patient but are so excited to go to Japan.  In the meantime, we are enjoying spending time with our families on the weekend.  We have lived away for 35 years.  It's nice to be back home.
 

Mom and me

Comments

  1. It warms my heart to still get to keep up with you and see your face! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminded me of when I worked for Leslie Salt Company many, many years ago while going to college. Had I not worked there, I would never have known all of salt’s many forms or all the things you can do with a basic, simple commodity like salt. Everything in the factory had a layer of powdered salt on it … and I mean everything. Any surface you touched came back with a salty taste. That job taught me a lot about a hard work ethic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!!!
    I was thinking the other day about your schedule working in two places with such a time difference. I am glad you found a balance ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Any word on when you’ll get to go to Japan? Also will you be able to go to the temple during phase 3?
    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! You give that scripture new meaning to me. Just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, so blessed and grateful to get to experience and be apart of the new adventure in your life. Thank you for sharing.

    May the Lord bless you, and keep you; may the Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 more days--Our mission is coming to a close

Enjoying our time here...

Daruma Doll